Removable Partial Dentures
Removable partial dentures are dentures that only replace a few missing teeth.
Partial dentures needs good support from healthy surrounding gums and teeth. It has a clasp which bonds to the teeth. Depending on the need, the clasp can be made a metal or gum colored.
Reasons for Partial Dentures
- Replace missing teeth
- Improve your smile
- Restore the form and function of your teeth
- To stop the drifting of teeth in the spaces
Different Partial Dentures
- Cast partial denture (consists of metal claps)
- Improve your smile
- Flexible partial denture / Valplast (no metal clasp)
- Temporary partial or interim partial or flipper
What to Expect When Getting Partial Dentures
Generally consist of 4 visits:
During the first visit a mold or impression is taken of all the teeth.
The second visit consists of bite and custom teeth shade selection.
Third visit consists of trying the teeth and making necessary adjustments.
Forth visit consists of the final delivery of the partial dentures.
Follow up visits are needed for adjustments.
What to Expect During the Procedure
- Inserting the partial denture in the mouth and removing it needs some practice, dentist will demonstrate how to do that.
- Initially it will feel different in the mouth, but patients get used to it.
- Initially pronunciation might differ. Eventually all patients learns to talk well again.
- Dentures can cause sore spots on gums. If this happens the patient must go back to the dentist and get adjustments made.
- Remove your denture every night for hygiene purposes.
Caring for Your Dentures
- Clean you dentures everyday with soap water and a soft bristle brush.
- Take out your dentures every night and clean them. Then put them in a denture box filled with water.
- Do not use tooth paste because it is abrasive.
Ensure Dental Care, your family dentist in Saginaw Tx provides various dental treatments. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Rashi to understand the best treatment required to maintain a good Oral health. Contact us on 682-213-4114 today.