Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you when you meet them for the first time. Your smile can make or break the deal when it comes to first impressions! Your smile is like your business card. Your smile deserves to be perfect but life is not fair. So, a lot of us are not born with that perfect smile but thanks to modern dentistry we now have a range of options available to us to make our smile the best version of itself. Today we talk about the various smile correction procedures that dentistry offers.
Cosmetic dentistry is gaining popularity and a dentist can transform your smile in a number of ways. These ways may include changes in
- Tooth color
- Tooth shape and size
- Tooth position
- Missing teeth replacement
Some of these common procedures that do the above are as follows –
- Teeth whitening – Teeth can lose their sheen due to staining and discoloration. Teeth whitening is also called teeth bleaching and it can be done at home with over-the-counter products (always look for an American Dental Association’s seal of acceptance before buying such products) or at a dental clinic. While it is the best for people who have healthy teeth there can be some exceptions. Talk to your dentist before trying anything on your own. You can also read our blogs Is teeth whitening safe? and Teeth Whitening with Hydrogen Peroxide to explore the topic further.
- Braces, retainers and aligners – Braces can correct misshapen or misaligned teeth in children and adults. Braces apply steady pressure over time to move the teeth into the desired position. While braces are common treatment procedure opted for children, adults can also get braces. In case of not so severe misalignment the objective can be achieved by an aligner. Market now offers invisible aligners too for making the whole process aesthetic and less discomforting. Read our blogs All about Braces, Adult Braces, Pros and cons of braces, Braces and implants, Invisalign vs Six month smiles and many more.
- Bridges, dentures and dental implants – A missing teeth can mar any smile. You can get dental bridges which are akin to fixed partial dentures or dentures to replace the missing teeth and restore your smile. Now a days people prefer to go for dental implants which are more permanent and long-lasting solution for lost teeth. The artificial teeth look and function like natural teeth and can boost the confidence of people who have lost their teeth.
- Dental crowns – Sometimes a tooth is badly decayed or chipped but the dentist advises the patient to let the tooth be as the root of the teeth is still healthy. In such case dental crowns can be extremely helpful in restoring and correcting the smile. A dental crown is a cap placed over a damaged teeth to improve its look, shape and strength allowing the tooth to function normally. Fillings and bondings can also help restore a tooth and hence a smile.
- Veneers – Veneers are thin shells that cover the front of the teeth. They are used to change tooth color or shape and can be a good solution for discolored, chipped or teeth that have gaps between them.
- Enamel shaping – This is a smile correction procedure in which the dentist can reshape your tooth by removing or filing some of the enamel over the tooth. It is a quick and painless procedure to shape natural teeth to improve appearance and correct slight imperfections. This generally precedes dental bonding or veneers and can give almost instantaneous results.
Besides these smile correction procedures, the cosmetic dentist can also offer what is called a total smile makeover which includes complete transformation of the mouth which includes teeth as well as gums. It is more like a package deal comprising of one or more dental treatment procedures described above along with what is known gum reshaping incase one has a gummy smile.
While smile correction procedures can help you in getting the smile you want, it is up to you to maintain them by regular brushing and flossing your teeth. And not to forget going to your dentist at least twice a year can do wonders for your smile. Besides checking for cavities and other dental problems the dentist can clean your teeth and also provide options to make your smile brighter and healthier. Always consult your dentist about which of these procedures are best suited for you and keep in mind that some of these procedures may not be covered in dental insurance. Keep smiling and remember “The world always looks brighter from behind a smile” – Unknown.
Did you like what you read? If yes, then don’t forget to recommend our blog and share it with your family and friends who may also benefit from this information.
Ensure Dental Care is a family dentist near you. Ensure Dental Care is the one of the best family dental clinics located in Saginaw Texas. We also get patients from Fortworth. We accept all major insurance providers. We have an in-house payment plan and accept care credit too. We have a very experienced and professional team of dental practitioners and we look forward to serving you to the best of our abilities. Ensure Dental Care offers emergency dental services. Irrespective of the problem we offer same day emergency treatments. We entertain walk ins as well. If you wish to know more about this subject or you want to avail any of our services, please call Ensure Dental Care on 682-213-4114 for an appointment today.
We would love to hear from you. If you want to interact with us or give feedback and suggestions about our website, content or services on social media you can follow us on instagram. Our instagram handle is @ensuredentalcaresaginawtx. Look out for exciting offers, deals and more fun stuff on our social media handles. We look forward to interacting with you on instagram and Facebook soon.