So, you don’t have a dental insurance? Well, firstly do not worry because you are not alone. Dental expenses can be high and not having an insurance is certainly a deterrent for many American from going to the dentist for regular dental care. Did you know that 1 in 3 Americans do not have a dental insurance? Do not let, not having a dental insurance stop you from taking good care of your teeth.
Good oral care is important and not taking care of it or neglecting it can impact your overall health as you age. Poor oral health has been found to have linkages with poor cardiovascular health, diabetes and even Alzheimer’s disease. Basic oral hygiene can only do so good. It is important to visit a dentist regularly. So, whether you have a dental insurance or not, you must visit a dentist at least twice a year for a comprehensive examination. If you are in Saginaw, Texas you can take an appointment with us at Ensure Dental Care at the number listed below or simply walk in to our dental clinic.
How to manage dental care costs without a dental insurance?
Here are some ideas on how you can manage your dental care costs without an insurance –
- Dental membership plans – To overcome this problem many dentists across the length and breath of USA offer their own payment packages for their patients. Generally, what this entails is paying a fixed amount to the dentist every month or year akin to a membership plan of a club. In return the dental clinic offers a package to the patient which can include a bouquet of services like annual checkups, x-rays, cleaning of teeth etc. These will vary from dentist to dentist. These may be managed by the dental clinic on their own or via a third party.
- Payment plans – Many dentists offer their patients options to pay for their dental care expenses in small and manageable installments every month. This benefits the patient as these do not upset their monthly household budgets. On a corporate level there is Sunbit payment plan which also offers this facility by giving a loan for a period of 3,6 and 12 months after doing a soft credit check of the patient. This is a fast method of getting the required finance and you can take it even before visiting the dentist.
- Deals and coupons – Always be on the look out for deals and offers from dental clinics. You can find those in newspapers or on the social media handles of the dental clinics online. We at Ensure Dental Care also advertise our discounts, offers and other deals on our social media handles on Facebook and instagram (handles given below). If you are a resident of Saginaw, Tx or even live near Fort Worth follow us and you will be always be updated about our latest offers.
- Free Dental clinics – Many non-profit organizations and even professional dental organization offer free dental services on certain days of the year. Some cities also have non-profit clinics for those whose income is low or those who don’t have a dental insurance. However, it is not easy to get into these as there can be long waiting periods and sometimes the free services offered are for a particular group of people like the senior citizens or the disabled. There also exist public dental clinics that are funded by the state or local health authorities, these are funded by the tax paid by the citizens and offer low prices for services like cleanings, x-rays and root canals.
- Dental credit cards – These are like any normal credit card except that they can only be used to make payments to dental clinics. Finance companies like CareCredit give the uninsured people a method to make payments to the clinic while deferring the repayments for themselves. Like credit cards however these companies can charge a high interest if the repayment is not done in time.
- Dental schools – This may seem like undergoing an experiment however in most dental schools the students perform these activities under the supervision of trained and expert professors. Also, one benefit is that these dental schools have the best cutting-edge technology. The cost of going to a dental school may be a fraction of what it costs going to a dental clinic and sometimes the dental clinic may even pay you to undergo those procedures.
Make sure you check if your employer offers any dental benefits and sometimes other insurances like Medicaid or certain children’s health insurance programs may be covering some dental procedures. You need not stick to just one of the above option and you can always mix and match these to suit your own requirements.
Did you learn something new today? If you enjoyed reading the blog, then don’t forget to recommend and share it with your family and friends who may also benefit from this information.
Ensure Dental Care is a family dentist near you. Ensure Dental Care is the one of the best family dental clinics located in Saginaw Texas. We also get patients from Fort Worth. We accept all major insurance providers. We have an in-house payment plan; Sunbit payment plan and accept care credit too. We have a very experienced and professional team of dental practitioners and we look forward to serving you to the best of our abilities. Ensure Dental Care offers emergency dental services. Irrespective of the problem we offer same day emergency treatments. We also offer comprehensive dental exam in Saginaw Tx. We entertain walk ins as well. If you wish to know more about this subject or you want to avail any of our services, please call Ensure Dental Care on 682-213-4114 for an appointment today.
We would love to hear from you. If you want to interact with us or give feedback and suggestions about our website, content or services on social media you can follow us on instagram. Our instagram handle is @ensuredentalcaresaginawtx. Look out for exciting offers, deals and more fun stuff on our social media handles. We look forward to interacting with you on instagram and Facebook soon.